On the north side of East 28th Street about 75 feet east of Park Avenue South is this small, narrow residential plaza, enclosed on three sides by white brick walls. A canopied, gated entryway serves building residents and public space users alike. The space has several sittable ledges at its perimeter, across from the lobby entrance as well as up four steps at the back. Sparse landscaping lines the edges. A small sign attached to the drinking fountain proclaims, “On this site in 1897 nothing happened.” That is as true today as it was a century ago. At a recent site visit, the space was under scaffolding for purposes of building repairs. Visual residual space occupies the East 28th Street frontage and the northernmost portion of the public space. The setback area on Park Avenue South is, surprisingly, not public space.